Sunday, February 13, 2011

The shifting of power and wealth?

Just being boring, went downstair, I switched on the TV. I flicked through a few channels and immediately , one typical show caught my attention..

There is one man and one woman, both wearing roller-skate doing all those fancy stuffs on a stage...They performed along with a big orchestra behind playing those fun and thrilling music to make the performance more exciting..

I didn't pay much attention at the first sight, just fascinated by their performance.. After a few minutes, I noticed something is wrong..

The performers were Caucasians, the orchestra was half Caucasians, and half Chinese..and the one who played the piano was also Chinese...

Alright, I think to myself, maybe it is just coincidence that the band and performers are Caucasian and Chinese...not a big deal...

I was shocked when the camera showed the audiences....it was also half CAUCASIAN and half CHINESE!!! (of course there are still few others like from others countries, but the majority was like people from China and USA)

This might be something interesting to watch! So I stay on with the show, as I wanna find out what's the name of the show...
After the commercial breaks, I finally get to see the title of the show named "Spring Festival International Gala"

My first impression was like "What the hell?" I heard before Spring Festival Gala..but why the hell they add in "international"?

I keep on with the show, then only I realised why they put the title as "international". Because they hired performers around the world and gave performance in China! This show was a telecast from Chinese New Year as it is kinda like a celebration for CNY!!

SO! Since it is a show I missed during CNY, I keep on with the show..

The following performance was a guy, I forgot his name...but he is from Israel and trust me, his voice are incredibly wonderful!

The first song, he sang "Phantom of the Opera". Beautifully sang!

The second song, he sang “敖包相会”...I was thinking "Why would u choose to sing Chinese song?!"

This really makes me wondered, why he want to learn and sing Chinese song? The next few performers who sang also have a mixture of English and Chinese...And I wondered why would they have the fusion of both East and West, Chinese and English? ALthough the title of the show has a word "international" in it. However, let me narrowed it down, I think this show we should focus on Chinese from China, and Caucasians from European and Western countries...

Correct me if I was wronged...Never did I see Caucasian entertained Chinese. Never! In this show, I saw those people who was performing was all Caucasian with a few Chinese singers, and the audiences were mostly Chinese...

I think this tracked back to the Global Financial Crisis (GFC), after a big hit on Wall St. , USA was literally undergoing some big issues with their financial system...The wave started to hit big countries such as UK and Europe, and eventually pull down the whole economic.

People panicked, they stop spending, whole system shut down. Who to blame? Those greedy bankers, who want to earn more and more.

What we used to call the big and powerful are now looking for money...and guess what? China emerged and literally became the World bank for those "big and powerful" countries.. And to our surprise, China has the world biggest reserve of currency! (Compliment to the Chinese tradition and culture of saving)

Few months back, I read some news about Bernanke scolding China for manipulating their currency, Ren Ming Bi...But in the end, those Western countries urged China to increase the value of Ren Ming Bi, as investors started to shift their investment from their countries and went into China!

To me, it was more like begging China not to torture them anymore...LOL!!

Just a few days back, China increased it's interest rates...and immediately investors started to pull back funds! Malaysia stock markets immediately went into a free fall! Why? because investors feared the economic will slow down again...

The shifting of power and wealth from Western countries to China? Beats me! I just know China now is running so damn fast that one day, it might falls too!

No comments: