Monday, January 10, 2011

The Great Ocean Road (Road Trip day 1)

We planned this road trip about a month ago, 5 people, rent a small car, 12 hours of driving, here we go!

Took this picture in the morning around 7am just to get to Budgets to rent the car... It is obvious that I am still not awake..lol!

Alrighty! We started our journey! And can you all believed? We didn't even have any GPS, and we are off to a 12 hours drive to Great Ocean Road..Thanks to Jarret who helped me out on checking the ways to our destination....We wanna get a GPS, and we booked one, however, too bad, there are non left...But thankfully, we don't need one at all..it is extremely easy to get there...There are clear signage all along the ways to guide us... 

Ah...please do not attempt to try this during driving. I am just too exhausted as the previous day had a badminton session with Jarret and his brother, and I slept merely for 5 hours..

This is some scenery shots on the way.

Despite of the tiredness, the driving toward Great Ocean Road is kinda enjoyable as the roads are broad and smooth..

We stop at a kiosk, took some maps from the information counter, and bought this fruits just beside the kiosk..I would prefer having strawberry than plums...those plums looked nice, but tasted sour...

The signage is clear and accurate all along the way..there is really no need of GPS at all...

Ah, what a nice day for road trip..

I personally adored this picture very much...Just have a feeling which I don't know how to explain..lol

Ah ha! saw the deep blue sea far away, I thought we are getting close to our destination, but who knows, not even close at all...From this part, I still needa drive for 3 hours...And I already been driving for 2hours ++!!!!!! 

It is really a beautiful driving experience..There are two route to the Twelve Apostles, one is taking the freeway, which will save me one and a half hours of traffic jam....But nevertheless, what for we chose the freeway when our purpose of this trip is to Great Ocean Road? 
So, we take the route along the coast line...Along the way, listening to Champagne Supernova by Oasis..ahhh...this is so relaxing and enjoyable...

We wind down our windows and feel the sea breeze...

The scenery along the way

It is beautiful! People are getting out to surf in this beautiful weather!



We make a stop to take a look at this beautiful beach..It is rather weird they named the beach Urquharts Bluff Beach.. I was like: "Can't they think of anything better?" LOL!



Even the dog enjoy the beach...

There are lots of family having picnic and sun tanning on the beach..


haha! took a picture with my dear and Jarret

Welcome to LORNE!!!! WOOHOO!! I still gotta drive for two hours from here...what the hell...

Alright, the sea view again..


I AM GETTING BORED FROM THE TRAFFIC JAM!


LOL! No commentssss.....


We stop-by a rainforest to look for toilets..but failed..this is just a rainforest for hiking...I suggested that we stop here for a rest and take a bite...I lift up the car bonnet for cooling purposes ...haha

We brought our own cups and thermo-flask so that we have hot tea to drink..haha! looked how enjoy ah ting was! LOL!

AH!!!!!!!!! Finally!!! The 12 Apostles..It actually left 9 now...because of the erosion of the wind and sea water, three apostles had been totally wipe out by the power of nature...

Alright, I can't really make any comment on some pictures below as they are all just 12 Apostles...Take a good look at some of it, it is really gorgeous...

This is also one of the 12 apostles..







This is Rachel..


Another two on the other side..





We take a group photo with my left hand...as they concluded that I have the longest hand in the group..zzz

Just to let you all know that if you ever had the chance to travel here to Melbourne, why not take a day trip and visit this unique place...Take a look and feel the greatness of our mother natures..who knows a few years later, all these 12 apostles shall have non left due to the erosion..It might be a tiring trip, but I personally think it worths every seconds I spent on this trip..Especially with great friends and family!!!

That's all for now, Cheers!

1 comment:

Xian said...

what a beautiful scenery..
I believe u really have a great time over there. =)