Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Eve party's food preparation

Howdy Howdy!! Merry Christmas everyone!

Alright, we are going to have a Xmas Eve BBQ event tomorrow.

SO, today, I made my own chill Sauce the 1st time! (Thank you Qing Tong's mother for the recipes)
Last time his mother gave me the recipes for the chicken wings, but forgot the sauce, so last time I tried making the wings, and it tasted weird without the chilli sauce!
 Chilli, and below the chilli is some ginger...

 AH! LIME! not lemon
 Canned Pineapple slice will do the trick
White Vinegar (Stink the hell out of me)

 The above is the ingredients which I used for my chilli sauce, I forgot to add in garlic, thanks to my dear dear for reminding me to double check the ingredients list. I just throw in every ingredients and blended it.
Both me and Queenie tasted the blended sauce for a few times and add in a few more of pineapple slices, depends on what taste you want. I want it to be sweet and sour, rather than very spicy.

TA DA! below is the picture of the chilli sauce which Queenie and Ah ting said it tasted very nice! It seems like the sauce is able to go with any meat dishes as the chilli sauce I made is a little sweet and sour, and not too spicy.

Today is also my last day working. As my boss gonna close for a couple weeks for Christmas celebration. IT WORKED THE HELL OUT OF ME TONIGHT!
My boss wanna clean out his whole restaurant. Then I gotta help to wash this, wash that, wipe here, wipe there....lots of chores to be done. But get a fairly good pay today too...and out of my expectation, he gave me a Christmas Card!

After work, I got a big bowl of CHICKEN HOR FUN! Ah ting today take away from a famous Vietnam Restaurant in the city for me.
Below is the picture I took! one big bowl of hor fun! haha! Great for me, as I was almost starved to death!
 My dear dear suggest that I should eat the hor fun with the chilli sauce I made this afternoon! MAMAMIA!



You all must be wondering why I am talking all these crap, of course! after I finished my Hor fun, I gotta prepare for the chicken wings for tomorrow's BBQ! and guess what, it was around 1am when I started to prepare the wings...Thanks my dear for helping me out, or else I won't be able to finish the wings in 30minutes!
Many big thanks to Qing Tong's mother recipes again!
 Queenie got rid some of the feather which is left on the wings. This helped a lot, and save hell lotsa time for me!


 This is the first bowl of marinated chicken wings
TA DA! Successfully marinate two big bowls of chicken wings for tomorrow BBQ.
We are going to have hotdogs, vege, potato chips, soft drinks, bacon, seafood, mushroom for BBQ.
And most importantly, we will have a Christmas PUDDING! woohoO!!

I am very tired, but also excited! Gonna have some fun tomorrow.

Hope everyone will like what we prepared!

HO HO HO! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Cheers!!

2 comments:

Sis said...

Wow.. it sounds so happening over your place during christmas Eve.
I'm not celebrating anything over here.. =(

Benjamin said...

just a few friends came over for a little gathering, and we prepared some food for BBQ.
Don't be so pessimistic, look at a brighter side ==
you got a lot of things which we don't have! A WHITE CHRISTMAS!!
I know one person could be really be boring sometimes, as you are used to be surrounded with colleague and friends.
Get along, find some friends and have fun!
It is Christmas.