Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Malaysia

Damn, I saw lots of issues about Malaysia lately.
Namewee (黄明志)wanna shoot a film called "One Malaysia". But unfortunately, failed.
Some articles showed increasing numbers of people migrating to other countries.
Some political video about some complicated political issues.

Speechless...I am now studying in Australia, and honestly, I don't wanna go back and work in Malaysia. Youngster nowadays will try their best to get the hell out of Malaysia to study and never come back. Some came back, to live in Malaysia, and work in Singapore. Isn't this absurd?

What the hell is wrong about Malaysia? Why talented and skilled workers are moving from Malaysia?
This is an easy answer for everyone who are from Malaysia.

Malaysia is a good place to live, but not one to work, or perhaps not for business too.
If you wish to do big business in Malaysia, the first things you need to do, get hell lotsa money and prepare to spend it on some Malays who got high influences in the government sector.

The more you made them happy, the more money you made. And the less you will get troubles from them.

My father worked honestly as an architect. He honestly paid his tax every year. He honestly set up his small company and be his own little boss. But he forgot to do one thing. To bribe the fucking government. Yea, you didn't read it wrongly, I wrote, The Fucking Government.

I heard this story from my mother when I accompany my father and mother to work. My father drove into a place starts with the Letter "J". I don't wish to put out the full name as I am pissed off whenever I bring this matter up.
Alright, me and my mother waited in the car for my father is going to pass up some documents.

We chat a little, then I couldn't help notice all those cars around us were those big Toyota Pajero. Then I saw two Malays smiling, and hop on into one of those Pajero. Then I turned my attention to the briefcase they were taking.

Alright, I asked my mother, what do they do in this working hours driving off in a huge pajero smiling with those briefcase? My mother replied: "ah, someone will be devastated as they are off checking companies which didn't pay their tax."

I asked again, how come you are so sure about it? My mother replied: "Your father's company experience it once when you were young."
My expression was like : WTF?!

I asked again, you all always pay the tax honestly, and why the hell did they go check on father's company?

My mother replied, you can't do anything when they have the power to check on you. I won't forget that day, even until today, the memories still run fresh in my mind.

That day they came into your father's office with the same size briefcase they carried just now, and demanded your father to take out all the documents for them to check. They made a big mess in your father's office, papers being thrown everywhere. And in the end, they accused us for not paying some amount of tax and charged us for RM20k.

Me and your father couldn't sleep for a week. We are so angry and upset. We pay the tax honestly and yet they accused us with the power they got and took the money away from us. 20k is a big amount for me and your father during that time, especially when we are facing difficult times having three children to feed.

I am pissed off during that time. And I learned that Life Isn't fair at all. I swear, I will get the hell out of this country.

I got to Australia to further my studies, I worked as a part time to relieve my parents' burden. As I am not good enough to get a scholarship. (that is what they told me. LOL!)

I successfully got a job in a fine dining restaurant. The paid is normal, but I can get tips,the food is fantastic there, the coworkers are good over there, the supervisor is a jerk. The boss is a bigger jerk. But anyway I still worked there for 5 months.

You all must be curious why I am telling about my part time job. Wait a minutes, it related to Malaysia government.

One particular day, the restaurant got a big booking. A table for 12 people. Good for boss, bad for us. Alright, the people came,they are Malays, they sat down looked to the menu, and I can't help notice the way they speak and the way they dressed. They are definitely from Malaysia.

Not a big deal. Maybe they lived in Australia and wanna have a good meal once in a blue moon. So I helped to serve that table of 12 people.

Honestly, I thought maybe who are having birthdays or maybe special occasion. Because it is really rare for me to see Malays in the restaurant. I worked there for 5 months, I only met Malay customers twice. FYI, both is the same person. The second times, he brought more people and booked half the restaurant down...zzzzz

Alright, for the first time, I thought they are having special occasion. And I served them with fake smiling faces. ( I am really dead tired working)
Then when I am serving them water, I overheard the father tell her daughter "Awak cakap nak makan di sini, now we are here, you can order anything you want. Are you happy now my dear?"
(This is originally how he speaks to his daughter)

I immediately think "WOW! I hope they give me more tips!"

Not until after they left, we started to discuss about them, and from others coworkers, only I knew they are from Malaysia, and seems like they are here for business.

I didn't think much about it after that. But when I am taking the train home, I started to think, WHY THE HELL DID HE BRING HIS WHOLE FAMILY HERE FOR BUSINESS??!!

The second times when they revisited the restaurant, the guy booked down half of the restaurant and invited 30++ Malays,one Caucasian and one Chinese if I am not mistaken. They are divided into 2 groups. A few of us, including me are given orders to serve them.

During the time when I served them, I just notice there are only 5 people in a corner discussing about some business. The rest are there to have fun.....zzzzz
Maybe I am wrong, but I believed, the 5 people including the Chinese and Caucasian are discussing about some business. The rests are their family members...zzzz (I think the Chinese and Caucasian didn't bring his family)

What the hell......they are from Malaysia, come to Australia for business, and they bought their family here. I think this is a trip more than a business.

I didn't give much thought about this issues until don't know who give me the information about some Malays who worked for government, go for a business trip, brought his family along, and claimed every penny they spent from the government. And of course, the government is stupid enough to provide them the subsidy.
When I linked both cases together, only I realized they are doing the same thing..

There are lots of things happening in Malaysia, which is really unequally treated to the Chinese and Indian in Malaysia. I wish Malaysia will be better in the future, as it is still the country I grown up.

By the way, I wrote this not because I hate Malays, I like them. In fact, there are a lot of kind and friendly Malays I knew. But it is those who have the power and misuse them that I look down upon.

2 comments:

Geeky Press said...

This is a land that covered with gold and a thin silver, people are just trying to dig up the thin silver, but not the real fancy gold..that's why Malaysia got lots of issues...BUT, i believe in the next 10 to 20 years, WE will succeed, and yoohoooo.....ONE MALAYSIA...ONE MALAYSIA..

Benjamin said...

I also hope so in the next 10 or 20 years that Malaysia will really improved. But I will cross my finger behind. LOL!