Sunday, December 19, 2010

The place where I worked and learnt

This is the glove I wear..needa be a strong rubber glove to withstand the heat from frying pan. There are also a pair of boot and apron for me, to prevent oil stain and dirty water. Didn't get to take a photo of those, but those boot stinks the hell out of me.

This is where all the stove, and oven lies. The chef will be using lots of frying pans that is stack up nicely on the rack. My job also need to make sure to clear all those pans which they used, and clean it up ASAP. As when it reached dinner time, I will need to be fast to refill all those frying pans.

The food preparing area. 

Dishwashing area. Normally I will need to wash all these stuffs, but others will help me out. You must be thinking how am I gonna finish washing all these stuffs, I am stupid for the 1st and 2nd times, to make sure everything are clean and neat. But after that, I gave up, as it almost take the life out of me when I try so hard to make the cleaning perfect. So honestly, those utensils used in the kitchen are really not very hygiene as sometimes, I just simply gave it a scrub and throw it into the dishwasher to rinse.
And if you notice the pails below, those are multi-using pails, which sometimes they use it to make sauces. Not really clean I would say, as green liquid in the bottles is the detergent, and it goes straight beside those pails.

The dishwasher, can't really wash a lot of things in one time. Normally, this dishwasher is for rinsing purposes. It has the ability to wash with detergent, but I tried it once, the whole dishwasher is full of bubbles foam, and in the end, I will need to clean the whole dishwasher out. Wasted my time! 

The big cooling room. Which the temperature need to be record few times a day to make sure the cooling room is in good condition to store the food. Compare with the previous cooling room in Lemongrass(the previous place where I worked as a wait staff), this cooling room is a little smaller. But still, the cooling room is well organized and neat. 

After my work, reward myself with a pack of my favourite M&M and the rice+porridge is my supper.

Working is fun if you wanna learn something from the work. Albeit it worked the hell out of me, but I still enjoy it very much. I worked in an Italian Fine Dining restaurant. Co-workers over there are nice and friendly, I get to learn a lot from them. Learn their accent, their generosity, how they treat each other, and most importantly, how they lived their life!

Ahh.....too bad, I am going back to Malaysia soon, another 2 more days of working and they will be closed for Christmas. 

Anyway, I achieved what I want in this work. Another skilled learnt!

No comments: